Mr. Cvetanov has significant experience in research, drafting legal documents and representation of clients in the fields of commercial law and banking and finance law, litigation, corporate law, commercial contracts, financial projects and tax law.
Mr Nikolay Cvetanov has participated individually and as part of different PM&P working groups in the provision of legal advice and consultations, including in the representation of clients in the following major projects
- Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions: acquisitions by CEZ, Innimmo Investments, Teletek Group, SolarPro Holding, Colibra (startup company #1 of 2019), GreenTop and Graess Solar Technique GmbH among others;
- FinTech, Banking and Financial Law and Capital Markets: EBRD, Piraeus Bank, D Bank, MoneyGram International, Municipal Bank regarding the structuring of services and data privacy issues, the Doverie Fund in the process of potential acquisition of Tokuda Bank, the 4finance Group in the process of acquiring TBI Bank, a major Bulgarian fund in the acquisition of Victoriabank, providing legal advice to Ferratum Group in structuring their business as the first Bulgarian company to provide financial services from a distance, consulting of Gumiz and Micro Credit in providing small loans and consumer loans, ProCredit Bank, NetCredit and more;
- Preparation of legal analyses for the Sofia Municipality, including of financing agreements concluded between the European Investment Bank and the Sofia Municipality to fund the Sofia Municipality Waste Treatment Project, restructuring of CrediBul’s business upon acquisition by Innimmo, acquisition of Blizoo, legal analysis of the policies and practices concerning the Commercial Register and the state of harmonisation of the legal framework in the field of commercial registration in Bulgaria and more;
- Compliance: Comprehensive GDPR compliance projects for Kozloduy NPP, Metropolitan Road Transport, Urban Mobility Centre, Bosch, Coca-Cola Hellenic, Zagorka (Heineken Group), Mondi Stambolijski, Naturprodukt, Boehringer Ingelheim, Pierre Fabre, Bulgartransgaz, Dräger, Alukönigstahl, Fresenius Medical Care, Andreas Stihl, Karelia Tobacco and others. Comprehensive AML/CFT compliance projects for Zagorka, Karelia Tobacco, Industrial Capital, 4finance Group, MoneyGram International, Mondi Stambolijski, Balkan Star, Uber, Naturprodukt, Boehringer Ingelheim, Pierre Fabre, Andreas Stihl, MVB Truck & Bus Bulgaria and more;
- Legal representation of Balkan Star, Auto France 3000, Obzor Beach Resort, Byala Beach Resort, GN Resound and more in a number of civil, commercial and administrative cases and provision of legal advice on certain aspects of Bulgarian procedural law to the Government of the Netherlands;
- Being greatly socially engaged, Mr Cvetanov has also participated in a number of pro bono projects of PM&P, including the provision of legal services to the American College of Sofia, the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria, the German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Bulgarian Tennis Federation, training of students from the National Trade and Banking High School in selected areas of commercial and company law, as well as practical training in court litigation and more.
Publications and interviews
- Protection of consumer rights when concluding a consumer credit agreement, Bloomberg TV, 4 March 2020
- Digitisation Imminent but Not to Replace a Good Lawyer, Legal World Magazine, 1 November 2019
- When is Consent Not Required for Personal Data Processing? PMP Legal News, September 2019 г.
- Personal Data Leak from National Revenue Agency IT System Not to Increase Quick Loan Scam Risk, an interview for the Horizont National Radio Station, 8 August 2019
- Quick Loan Fraud Using Another’s Personal Data, bTV, 6 August 2019
- Taking Out a Loan Using Another’s Personal Data, the Telegraph Daily, 6 August 2019
- Statutory Default Interest to Potentially Lose Penalty Effect, the Capital Weekly, 9 January 2017
- Are There Hidden Traps in Quick Loans?, NOVA TV, 4 January 2017
- Trends in the Quick Loan Market, Bloomberg TV, 17 August 2016
- The Personal Bankruptcy Act: Fixing a Mistake by Making Another, the Capital Weekly, 10 July 2015
- Lending Act Amendments to Have a Negative Economic and Social Impact, the Capital Daily, April 2014
- The New Legal Framework on Registering Financial Institutions in Bulgaria, Lega InterConsult News, Issue 31-32, 2011;
- Liability Distribution in Companies, Lega InterConsult News, Issue 26-27, 2009